Doctoral Degree Admissions
Application form deadline: 9.5.2021
(in case the applicant chooses to submit their application by mail, the date stamp will be decisive)
Application fee (paper application form): 33 EUR
Application fee (electronical application form): 15 EUR
Required signatures may be replaced by an e-mail sent to the same address by the person whose signature is required.
International applicants should use the paper application form in the English language. Signed application form with all required attachments may also be sent by mail to the following address:
Fakulta matematiky, fyziky a informatiky UK
842 48 Bratislava
Applicants who select a topic offered by one of the research institutes of the Slovak Academy of Sciences should send the application and all the required documents to that particular institute which will process the application and organize the entrance interview.
The applicant should select a proposed dissertation thesis topic from the list of available topics for a particular academic year. The dissertation these topics are published in March of each year on the webpages describing individual study programs.
Note that only those foreign applicants who choose to study in Slovak may receive a scholarship. Foreign applicants who wish to study in English will be required to pay an annual fee. In order to determine whether a foreign applicant may apply for the Slovak program, they should contact the dean for doctoral studies at robert.jajcayfmph.uniba.sk and/or the potential adviser.
Required application attachements all of which may be sent via e-mail to rdrsfmph.uniba.sk or by ordinary mail to the above address: :
- Copy of bachelor’s degree diploma (in English)
- Certified copy of master´s degree diploma (in English) – a student who has not yet completed his/her master’s degree study shall submit Official Confirmation of Study Towards University Degree (in English)
- Official transcript of completed courses during the master’s study
- Internationally recognized English language certificate (copy); when applying for the English program
- Structured CV in English, signed, with higlighted achievements the applicant wishes to receive points for; as listed in the List of points awarded to applicants based on their previous achievements
- Copy of passport
- Two academic reference letters in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Application fee payment confirmation
The applicants will be required to prepare in collaboration with their potential adviser an Individual study plan (the form may be found at Tlačivá/Forms). This document allows the potential adviser to express his or her support for the application. It is therefore recommended that the applicants contact their chosen advisers priot to applying for their dissertation topic.
International students are required to fulfill conditions equivalent to those required of the students from Slovakia. Accepted applicants from abroad and Slovak citizens, who completed their bachelor's degree at institutions outside Slovakia, will be required to provide Certificate of degree equivalence confirming that their Master's degree is recognized in Slovakia. The certificate must be provided to the Registrar's Office on the day of registration for the first year of studies at the latest (early September).
At this time, we do not require any doctor certificates.
The application fee of 33 EUR/15 EUR is payable by a bank transfer:
IBAN: SK 88 8180 0000 0070 0013 8327
Account name: Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave
Všeobecná úverová banka
Mlynské Nivy 1
829 90 Bratislava
Include the following reference for the recipient:
- For undergraduate studies (bachelor's and master's degree): VS800 your name
- For doctoral studies: VS801 your name
After receiving your application, we will send you details of further steps in the admissions process, including the date and the form of the entrance examinations (if they are required).
At the end of the admissions process, you will receive an official decision letter about acceptance or rejection of your application at the address you have indicated in your application form. Typically, the results are available at the end of June.