In Slovakia, our faculty is consistently ranked as the top research faculty among institutions with the focus on natural sciences. The faculty main research themes are as follows:
- Applications of qualitative and quantitative methods of mathematics and statistics in natural, technical, and economic sciences
- Algebraic and geometric structures and discrete mathematics
- Methods of mathematical analysis and their applications to dynamical systems
- Physical mechanisms in living systems and their use in biomedicine and biotechnology
- Nanotechnologies, materials, and new technologies
- Field physics, subatomic and atomic particles and their applications
- Physical mechanisms of processes in the environmental system and their use to predict its variations
- Information processing laws and their applications to new information and communication technologies
- Methods and tools of computer science to support the knowledge society
Tuesday 13.12.2022 at 14:00 hod., Lecture room M X
Tuesday 6.12.2022 at 14:00 hod., Lecture room F2/125
Thursday 1.12.2022 at 14:00, Lecture rook F2/51
Thursday 1.12.2022 at 9:50, Lecture room M/213
The seminar on cognitive robotics will be held on Wednesday, 7th December 2022 in the Congress Centre of Družba.
Tau Herculids meteor shower14. 06. 2022
Joint airborne and ground-based expedition to observe a remarkable Tau Herculids meteor shower by AMOS.
Fukushima Accident: 10 Years After01. 06. 2022
Prof. Povinec together with Japanese colleagues recently published a new book on the Fukushima accident
CONVECTION IN MUSHY LAYERS23. 05. 2022
A study on fluid flow and phase change dynamics in multicomponent systems has been published in the prestigious magazine Physics Today by Daniel M. Anderson...
St. George’s Rotunda in Nitrianska Blatnica10. 03. 2022
International consortium of radiocarbon laboratories dated St. George’s Rotunda in Nitrianska Blatnica
Doc. Juraj Šebesta translated to Slovak language books by sir Isaac Newton