In Slovakia, our faculty is consistently ranked as the top research faculty among institutions with the focus on natural sciences. The faculty main research themes are as follows:
- Applications of qualitative and quantitative methods of mathematics and statistics in natural, technical, and economic sciences
- Algebraic and geometric structures and discrete mathematics
- Methods of mathematical analysis and their applications to dynamical systems
- Physical mechanisms in living systems and their use in biomedicine and biotechnology
- Nanotechnologies, materials, and new technologies
- Field physics, subatomic and atomic particles and their applications
- Physical mechanisms of processes in the environmental system and their use to predict its variations
- Information processing laws and their applications to new information and communication technologies
- Methods and tools of computer science to support the knowledge society
Doctoral colloquium - Peter Anthony (26.2.2024) 21. 02. 2024
Monday 26.2.2024 at 13:10, Lecture room I/9
New study on disease defense within ant colonies08. 06. 2023
A cross-disciplinary study on cooperative disease defense in ants has been published in the renowned magazine Nature Communications by researchers from the...
Part of the book series: Studies in Systems, Decision and Contro
Tau Herculids meteor shower14. 06. 2022
Joint airborne and ground-based expedition to observe a remarkable Tau Herculids meteor shower by AMOS.
Fukushima Accident: 10 Years After01. 06. 2022
Prof. Povinec together with Japanese colleagues recently published a new book on the Fukushima accident
CONVECTION IN MUSHY LAYERS23. 05. 2022
A study on fluid flow and phase change dynamics in multicomponent systems has been published in the prestigious magazine Physics Today by Daniel M. Anderson...
St. George’s Rotunda in Nitrianska Blatnica10. 03. 2022
International consortium of radiocarbon laboratories dated St. George’s Rotunda in Nitrianska Blatnica
Doc. Juraj Šebesta translated to Slovak language books by sir Isaac Newton
How a crystal transforms into another one03. 09. 2021
A study of nucleation in the pressure-induced structural phase transition in rocksalt was published on 31 August 2021 in the prestigious physical journal...
Physics in blind alleys / Juraj Tekel12. 07. 2021
Juraj Tekel, from the Department of theoretical physics of the Faculty of mathematics, physics and informatics CU in Bratislava, describes in his popular...