In Slovakia, our faculty is consistently ranked as the top research faculty among institutions with the focus on natural sciences. The faculty main research themes are as follows:
- Applications of qualitative and quantitative methods of mathematics and statistics in natural, technical, and economic sciences
- Algebraic and geometric structures and discrete mathematics
- Methods of mathematical analysis and their applications to dynamical systems
- Physical mechanisms in living systems and their use in biomedicine and biotechnology
- Nanotechnologies, materials, and new technologies
- Field physics, subatomic and atomic particles and their applications
- Physical mechanisms of processes in the environmental system and their use to predict its variations
- Information processing laws and their applications to new information and communication technologies
- Methods and tools of computer science to support the knowledge society
Friday 22.10.2021 at 15:30, Lecture room C (online too)
Tuesday 19.10.2021, at 14:00 hod., Lecture room F2/125
Thursday 21.10.2021 at 14:00, Lecture room M 223
How a crystal transforms into another one03. 09. 2021
A study of nucleation in the pressure-induced structural phase transition in rocksalt was published on 31 August 2021 in the prestigious physical journal...
Physics in blind alleys / Juraj Tekel12. 07. 2021
Juraj Tekel, from the Department of theoretical physics of the Faculty of mathematics, physics and informatics CU in Bratislava, describes in his popular...
Mind as an Object / Martin Takáč18. 11. 2020
Martin Takáč, whose professional interest is in computer simulations of the human mind and developing so-called "digital people", in his essay "Mind as an...
A unique celestial event was captured by the AMOS systems at Haleakalā and Maunakea Observatories in Hawaii.
Addresses the knotty problem of the quantum-classical divide. Adopts two approaches for describing classical systems in the framework of quantum...
Experimental and theoretical study of polyamorphism in SO2 was on April 3, 2020 published in the prestigious multidisciplinary journal PNAS (Proceedings of the...
Milan, January 29, 2020. Computational Biology Research Group at Comenius University is a member of a consortium of researchers from five European universities...