In Slovakia, our faculty is consistently ranked as the top research faculty among institutions with the focus on natural sciences. The faculty main research themes are as follows:
- Applications of qualitative and quantitative methods of mathematics and statistics in natural, technical, and economic sciences
- Algebraic and geometric structures and discrete mathematics
- Methods of mathematical analysis and their applications to dynamical systems
- Physical mechanisms in living systems and their use in biomedicine and biotechnology
- Nanotechnologies, materials, and new technologies
- Field physics, subatomic and atomic particles and their applications
- Physical mechanisms of processes in the environmental system and their use to predict its variations
- Information processing laws and their applications to new information and communication technologies
- Methods and tools of computer science to support the knowledge society
Providing a systematic tutorial introduction to the finite-difference (FD) numerical modelling technique, this book explores its applications to earthquake...
Fukushima Accident presents up-to-date information on radioactivity released to the atmosphere and the ocean after the accident on the Fukushima Dai-ichi...
This book introduce basic concepts and discuss asymptotic properties of estimators in nonlinear models. … a major emphasis of the book is on deriving the...
There is a significant difference between designing a new algorithm, proving its correctness, and teaching it to an audience. When teaching algorithms,...
"Bifurcation and Chaos in Discontinuous and Continuous Systems" provides rigorous mathematical functional-analytical tools for handling chaotic...