Professor Fečkan from the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, receives an award from the Literary Fund
Congratulations to our female and male colleagues on being awarded the prizes for the scientific and technical literature published in 2016.
By: Andrej Ferko
On September 21, 2017, the Literary Fund awarded the most prestigious annual prizes at the Zichy Palace. Based on the panels’ proposal, the Scientific, Professional Literature and Computer Programs Department at the Literary Fund (LF) awarded more than 30 most outstanding works in the field of scientific and technical literature for 2016.
Our congratulations go primarily to Professor RNDr. Michal Fečkan, DrSc. and RNDr. Michal Pospíšil, PhD., for their Poincaré-Andronov-Melnikov Analysis for Non-Smooth Systems, published by Elsevier, world's major publishing company.
Prizes were also awarded to the winners of individual sections of the Student Scientific Conference 2017; of nearly 100 excellent young scientists from FMFI UK, this year we congratulate the following five:
- Paula Budzáková: Searching for objects using local attributes based on the opponent- process theory
- Patricia Šišková: Rearranging Two-dimensional Arrays by Prefix Reversals
- Adam Broniš: Identification of Isomer 217Th in the 40Ar + 181Ta-222Pa* Reaction
- Iveta Csicsolová: Using Wiki in the Teaching of Computer Science in Secondary Schools
- Dušan Mészaros: Comparison of Electron Capture of Molecules C4F8 and C3F8
The deadline for prize competitions and award proposals for exceptional scientific response in 2017 is March 2018.