Doctoral Degree Admissions
Application form deadline: 30.4.2018
(the application must be sent by post before the deadline)
Application fee: 33 EUR
International applicants should use the paper application form in the English language. Signed application form with all required attachments should be sent by mail to the following address:
Fakulta matematiky, fyziky a informatiky UK
842 48 Bratislava
The applicant should select a proposed dissertation thesis topic from the list of available topics for a particular academic year. The dissertation these topics are published in March of each year on the webpages describing individual study programs..
Required application attachements:
- Copy of bachelor’s degree diploma (in English)
- Certified copy of master´s degree diploma (in English) – a student who has not yet completed his/her master’s degree study shall submit Official Confirmation of Study Towards University Degree (in English)
- Official transcript of completed courses during the master’s study
- Internationally recognized English language certificate (copy)
- Structured CV in English, signed
- Copy of passport.
- Two academic reference letters in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Application fee payment confirmation
International students are required to fulfill conditions equivalent to students from Slovakia. Accepted applicants from abroad and Slovak citizens, who completed their bachelor's degree at institutions outside of Slovakia, will be required to provide Certificate of degree equivalence confirming that their master's degree is recognized in Slovakia. The certificate must be provided to the Registrar's Office on the day of registration for the first year of studies at the latest (early September).
The application fee of 33 EUR is payable by a bank transfer:
IBAN: SK 88 8180 0000 0070 0013 8327
Account name: Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave
Všeobecná úverová banka
Mlynské Nivy 1
829 90 Bratislava
Include the following reference for the recipient:
- For undergraduate studies (bachelor's and master's degree): VS800 your name
- For doctoral studies: VS801 your name
After receiving your application, we will send you details of further steps in the admissions process, including the date and the form of the entrance examinations (if they are required).
At the end of the admissions process, you will receive an official decision letter about acceptance or rejection of your application at the address you have indicated in your application form. Typically, the results are available at the end of June.